Physical Benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Increases circulation, boosting the flow of oxygen and energy-producing nutrients to your cells.
- Speeds elimination of metabolic waste and excess fluids from congested tissues, and reduces inflammation.
- Drains build-up of lactic acids caused by vigorous exercise.
- Relieves muscle tension, stiffness and fatigue.
- Decreases muscle pain by releasing endorphins, your body’s natural pain reducers.
- Reduces muscle spasms.
- Speeds healing of pulled muscle tissues and strained ligaments.
- Increases joint flexibility and efficiency of movement by releasing tight muscles and stimulating the production of natural joint lubrication.
- Relieves tension-related headaches and eye strains.
- Calms the central nervous system.
- Balances and improves incorrect posture by releasing restrictions in muscles, joints and connective tissues.
- Assists in strengthening the immune system for disease prevention by relieving stress and increasing lymph flow.
- Facilitates better circulation to internal organs.
- Treats secondary pain that can outlast the original cause (ie: headaches from eyestrain; low back pain from pregnancy).
Emotional and Mental Benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Reduces effects of stress and anxiety, preventing burn-out and stress related diseases.
- Increases capacity for clearer thinking, alertness and ability to focus.
- Provides a relaxed state of awareness of mind-body connection and a sense of being unified and in harmony.
- Enhances self-image.
- Because of the stress reduction effects of massage, it is an excellent supportive therapy for people in psychological counseling or treatment for addictions.
Massage as a Complement to Chiropractic Care:
- Together with chiropractic care, massage facilitates the body’s natural healing process by keeping the body in proper alignment and ensuring a free flow of nerve impulses and circulation of fluids.
- Releases muscles and tendons to help prevent and correct subluxations of the vertebrae.
- Before a chiropractic treatment, massage warms, loosens and prepares the muscle tissues for an easier adjustment.
- After a chiropractic treatment, massage soothes and relaxes the muscles, allowing the adjustment to hold longer.